A few tips and tricks I’ve picked up along the way using products (and produce) found in most kitchens.
- quarter size of shampoo (almost any shampoo works, gentle is best)
- 1/2 tspn of salt (sea salt is always first choice)
- mix well between palms
- scrub face in circular motions
- wash with lukewarm water
- take an ice cube and gently run it across the skin on your face
- 1 part olive oil
- 2 parts ground coffee beans
- mix well (in a cup or bowl of your choice)
- scoop and scrub body thoroughly, especially on target areas*
*When used externally coffee helps break down cellulite, or fat cells under the skin, and increase blood flow thus flushing away toxins.
Dry Itchy Scalp:
- half of a ripe banana
- half of a ripe avocado
- 3 Tbsp of honey
- mix well
- apply to scalp
- shower cap for 30 minutes
✭ Also for the long run – a capsule of Aspirin dropped into a fresh shampoo bottle does wonders.