Pucker up, buttercups, we’re going on a ride!
Lips are très important as they are a communication module for most of us. Whether we speak by words or by kissing, this pair of skin flaps need to be taken care of with pride and devotion.
In rough winter weather chapping is quite normal and can easily be reversed, unless you take joy in the burning sensation of your flaky, bloody dermis. Yeeeouch.
To avoid further monstrosities:
- apply Vaseline generously all over your lips
- take a hot shower
- gently brush lips with a tooth brush
- apply balm on lips
- cold milk (apply with cotton ball)
- Witch Hazel
- licorice (chew or apply powder form)
- warm tea bag (apply directly)
- zinc and water mixture
- garlic (rub half of a clove directly on sore)
Though there are lovely anti-chap products out there, my be-all-end-all is Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream…I wish it came with a halo around it because it’s definitely a saviour. Aaaaand, not only does it heal lips, but elbows, heels, and any other moisture deprived part of the body.
Now kiss those flakes good bye and sail into the new year with smooth smackers that anyone would enjoy as the clock strikes midnight! xo