You know that running joke between guys about how girls are all fake…heels make us taller, makeup makes us more attractive, hair colour, push-up bras, etc.? Well, I love it.
Here’s another one to add to their collection: LASHES!
There is an astronomical number of girls who love the way falsies look but don’t have the faintest idea of how to apply them, so they stay far far away from attaining great lengths.
The first step is not to be afraid of poking yourself. If you have tremorous motor skills, begin with practicing sans makeup – otherwise you’ll be crying and reapplying indefinitely.
You will need:
- Lashes – find ones you like, I recommend starting slow and picking out a length not much longer than your natural.
- Lash Glue – I prefer anything that is not clear (black is my favourite) as my reaction to it is a brilliant burning sensation.
- Scissors – to cut the lashes down to the length of your eye.
- Tweezers – to apply the lashes without smudging glue all over your visors.
- Measure the lashes to your eye.
- Trim excess.
- Apply a drop of glue to the top of your hand.
- Slide the base of the lashes across the glue.
- Blow on the glue for 15-30 seconds to harden it.
- Grab hold of the middle part of the lashes with tweezers and apply to the center of your lash line as close to your lashes as possible.
- Grab either corner and repeat last step.
- Using the other end of the tweezers move/pat down the lash line to ensure they stick.
- Apply mascara to both your natural and false lashes.
- Use lash tips or individuals and apply them to the outer corners of the eyes.
- Line your eyes (on top of the falsies) with liquid liner for more drama.
- This look is lovely when paired with a colourful lip unless your shadow is dark.
Ebay has amazing deals on sets of 10 for under $2!!!