Let us begin the week with a concealer. Milani HD Advanced Concealer, that is…
Allow me to launch this review by saying that this tube is only $6.99! I did research to find HD makeup for under $10 and found nothing! Nada. Zilch. If you can prove me wrong, please leave vulgar comments in their allotted space below.
These dispensers are numbered instead of named and, being the ghastly pale [and loving it] that I currently am, I jumped on #1: Light. This colour was a bit too bright for me, so I mixed in a spot of #4: Medium Honey.
- very light weight
- blend very well and have a velvety feel
- lasts all day
- doesn’t crease or smudge
- comes with a very soft, fine bristled, synthetic brush
- the tube’s clicking [like a pen] dispenser requires a couple of dozen pumps for the initial application
- as much as I like the brush, it limits makeup artists in the use of this product because I wouldn’t be able to utilize the brush to apply on my clients and if I dispensed the concealer onto my mixing tray – I feel like I’d be wasting product from over-dispensing
- brush irks me a bit even for personal use – can become bacteria nesting ground
- if you pump a little too much product, wipe off on the back of your hand and use the rest by dipping the brush into the excess
- just as I did, feel free to mix two shades together to achieve the right match for your complexion – don’t want to look like a raccoon, do ‘ya?
- if you feel as though you’ve applied too much – dab a wet sponge on the said area